Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, December 1, 2008

It's 1 am....

It's 1 am and I am still up... sleepy though but can't go to bed yet. I have to finish dressing up and updating my son's net gallery- Gean's Gallery. It is sort of his blogpage, but since he's too young yet to type, for the mean time I am the one managing it. But he'll be starting his lessons on blogging and posting tomorrow.

Every photo that you'll see in this blogsite is him... That's my son. It is how he sees the world... When he first took pictures, he used my sister's celphone that time, I was amazed. The pictures were extraordinary, they were beautifully taken. He just turned 5 then. We thought it was just a lucky shot, there were about 5 pictures I think, but we were wrong. From that day on, he takes still images of everything amazingly. Though of course, he's only 6 right now, there are times when he just want to click and click the cam, and would laugh at the pictures he took, (he thinks it's silly that's why) and afterwards he would ask me to delete them, or edit them. But yes, he has a great eye for still images, and I'm so amazed, that's why I have decided to share it to the world....

By the way, my son was with language processing disorder. He was diagnosed when he was 2 years old, and it was very hard for me then because the doctor said there is the possibility that he'll turn out to be slow in school, and he may turn out to be handicapped in life. She said I should lower my expectations. But after 4 years, with so much praises to God, it is as if he never had the disorder. He's very smart, he's doing well in school. He goes to a public school; the therapist strongly suggested that i should enroll him in a private school with a 10 is to 1 ratio for student to teachers, but I thought to myself, if my son had to learn to take care of himself, to outgrow the disorder, he has to go to public school, there I'll be able to test how far could he go, if he has already coped up with the disorder. In public school, there are about 25-30 student in a class with 1 teacher, and it is the ultimate test on a child's ability, haw far, and how fast learner he is. Though I'm prepared that if my son won't be able to survive in public school, I will enroll him in a private school. But praises to God, he's doing great in school, and so far so good. It looks like he has overcome the disorder.

Anyway, for anyway whose interested to know about language processing disorders, or children disorders for that matter, visit my Children Diosrders blog site. Children disorders are somtimes neglected because there are signs that we thought is normal for kids, but in reality are already signs of disorder. Visit and be informed.

No comments:

Google